Viewed 60 times
Joint Media Release: One-off energy payment to help 3.9 million Australians with their next energy bill
More than 3.9 million Australians will receive a one-off Energy Assistance Payment to help with their next energy bill and cost of living expenses.
The payment of $75 for singles and $125 for eligible couples will be exempt from income tax and will be paid automatically before the end of the current financial year, subject to the passage of legislation.
The Government is able to deliver this assistance because our responsible budget management allows us to guarantee the essential services Australians rely on.
It will provide additional support to:
- 2.4 million Australians receiving the Age Pension;
- 744,000 recipients of the Disability Support Pension;
- 280,000 carers receiving the Carer Payment;
- 242,000 Parenting Payment Single recipients;and
- 225,000 veterans and their dependants receiving eligible payments from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
Guaranteeing essential services is part of our plan for a stronger economy and securing a better future.